Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Random Topic Generator #1

Lately, I have been playing this game with myself.

Before you get any weird ideas, it's basically that I come up with a random topic, and try to make up one of my signature bad poems for it on the spot. Oh, it's a lot of fun! Of course, I say about 75% of it then and improvise on it later, but as my lady Sarah Kay says - "A poem is never finished, it is only abandoned. You can keep writing and editing it forever and it is up to you to decide when it is finished and when you can walk away from it". Of course, the only difference being that she is Sarah Kay, and my poems sound more like compositions by Rosesch Sarabhai.

So there was an impromptu contest at our communication gym in Deloitte, where you had to come up with a story on a random topic with one minute to think, and you had to speak on it for one more minute.

My topic was "If you were watching Animal Planet on TV and all the animals came to life in your living room, what would you do?"

Bad rhymes started working, connections, animals, and before you shut this window, here we go -

" I was sitting on my couch watching Animal Planet on TV,
When suddenly something happened that turned out to be very creepy.

There was a loud noise behind me - it was a lion's growl
From under the table, I could hear a jackal's howl.

I looked up and on the fan was sitting a sleeping owl
And flying all across the room was -  a jungle fowl !

And out in the garden was running a scared antelope
At this point, all I wanted to do was to elope.

On my sofa in front of me was sitting, a cheetah -
Not really the best time to be enjoying that fajita.

All that said and done, animals can be very scary.
I feel like going to the parlour now. Seeing all this fur is making me feel hairy.

Oh, these animals around me are filling my mind with fear -
What was that in the kitchen - did a tiger just attack that deer?

I am hyperventilating now... I'm finding it difficult to emote...
I need to change the channel now. Where the hell is that remote?!!!"












No comments:

Post a Comment